EXPLORE INVENTORY 2.0
(IT ASSET MANAGEMENT) SOFTWARE
TAKE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR ASSETS
Manage your software installations, computers and all IT assets from one point. Supervise the state of your assets on an ongoing basis with the descriptive statuses assigned to them.
OPTIMIZE THE EXPENDITURE ON HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
Did you know that a business effectively uses only 35% of the licenses owned? Identify what the real software usage is within your organization with the modern Software Asset Management solution. With the new Inventory, you will optimize and plan your IT expenditure more easily.
INCREASE YOUR SECURITY AND AVOID FINES
In 40% of enterprises and institutions, at least one illegal license has been disclosed. Frequently, users install such programs unknowingly, and the related fines may be very high. Get rid of all unauthorized licenses from your employees’ computers!
CONTROL LICENSES BY YOURSELF (SOFTWARE ASSET MANAGEMENT)
Have a full view of the on-premise software licenses and the cloud services. Review the used software in the most convenient manner for you - with reference to a user or from a given computer.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE AUDIT – COMPLY WITH REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS
According to the NIF (National Interoperability Framework), units that perform public tasks are required to update the “inventory of hardware and software used to process information”. Axence nVision® is meticulously adapted to meet these requirements, so that you can make sure that you comply with the laws and standards such as ISO. At the same time, archiving ensures that you also have access to historical data and may compare audits.
IT ASSETS FROM THE USER PERSPECTIVE
Assets instead of fixed assets
Fixed assets have been replaced with assets which can be linked with a user, documents, operations and devices in Inventory 2.0. Now, in the blink of an eye, you can check all the assets of a specific user or the list of users assigned to a specific resource.
Old InventoryDevice Asset
Statuses and folders
Build a clear structure of assets by gathering them in different folders by types and by assigning any statuses (“new”, “in use”, “being repaired”, etc.) to them.
Hardware handover reports
Easily generate handover reports for computers, monitors and other assets to be returned by users to the IT department.
History of assets
Get access to a complete list of operations performed on any hardware since its purchase.
Documents instead of attachments
Attachments have changed into documents and have become completely independent objects that can be linked to any number of resources without concern that they will disappear along with the component being deleted. What’s more, you can assign one document to multiple assets at the same time.
Old InventoryInvoice Asset
New InventoryInvoice Resources
Enhanced licenses and new Applications
Inventory 2.0 introduces the new license accounting models to facilitate the handling of specific cases. We have also developed the Applications object by means of which the information about installations, users and licenses linked to a given program can be found in one place.
Old InventoryTemplate License
Linking a license to a user
Manage licenses assigned to a specific user regardless of how many devices they are used on.
New ways in which licenses are accounted for
Analyze and account for your licenses by serial numbers or by the version of installed application.
Modelling cloud-based licenses
Configure licenses for applications using cloud solutions to increase the scope of software being monitored.
New Applications object
Check installations, users and purchased licenses assigned to a given application without having to switch between different views.
Try the Inventory 2.0 module
in the new version of Axence nVision®
- the power of full package
Inventory 2.0 is one of several modules available in Axence nVision® - a comprehensive software to manage and ensure IT security.
This program facilitates the performance of the most important tasks and challenges posed to IT departments such as the monitoring of network and user activity, data protection against data leaks, the management of hardware, applications and documents, and the provision of technical support. It also helps to increase the efficiency of all employees within the organization.
Download nVision software with all the modules.
Axence nVision® 11.5 introduces a new version of the Inventory module
- InventoryInventory module version 2.0.
- HelpDeskIncreased module performance when loading large amounts of data
- HelpDeskReduced RAM usage by the HelpDesk service
- DataGuardChange in classification of data storage devices
Recognition of USB Attached SCSI (UAS) device type as USB storage device has been added. This change may affect the classification of data storage devices in the DataGuard module rules. Therefore, the DG rules should be verified.
- ApplicationsManagement of application categories
- AssetsThe Fixed Asset object replaced with the Asset item
- AssetsAssigning assets to users. Displaying a list of all user’s assets
- AssetsAttaching documents to assets, including the option to add a single invoice to multiple assets
- AssetsHanding over assets and generating hand-over protocol
- AssetsDefining assets statuses, e.g. “new”, “disposed of”
- AssetsLogging assets history, e.g. service operations on hardware
- AssetsAssigning assets to devices. Displaying a list of all assets assigned to a device
- AssetsSpecifying persons authorized to use assets
- AssetsGlobal fields introduced for all asset types
- AssetsNew type of additional field: selection list
- AssetsOption to automatically create assets of selected types
- AssetsOption to automatically delete assets
- ApplicationsIntroduction of the Application object based on software templates
- ApplicationsInstallations, users and licenses purchased for a given application available in one place
- ApplicationsHistory of the application installation on the device
- LicensesAssigning licenses to users
- LicensesAssigning documents to licenses
- LicensesLicense management mechanism developed:
- Tracking licenses assigned to a user
- Tracking installations for a single user on multiple computers
- Tracking licenses by serial numbers
- Tracking different application versions on a single device
- DocumentsThe Attachment item replaced with the Document object
- DocumentsAdding one or multiple documents at the same time
- DocumentsAssigning documents to assets or licenses
- DocumentsManagement of document types (invoices, contracts, photos)
- interfaceNew layout for assets
- interfaceNew layout for application management
- interfaceNew layout for documents
- interfaceNew layout for asset settings
- interfaceChange in the icon layout on the ribbon
- interfaceNew Assets tab and easier navigation among asset types
- interfaceUser information – new sections relating to assets
Starting from nVision 11.5, the minimum required version of Windows operating system for the nVision Server is Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 = it is no longer possible to install / update the nVision Server on Windows Vista / Windows Server 2008 (no longer supported by Microsoft).